How easy is it to transfer probation to another state?


I have court coming up soon in Florida but I live in Texas. I am hoping to settle the case at my next appearance. It is difficult traveling to Florida every time I have a court date. I am willing to sign for probation and would like to know what the process is to transfer probation from Florida to Texas? How common are probation transfers to other States? Can I get the whole transfer complete in one trip?


It is possible. You have to have your lawyer work out a resolution with the prosecutor for probation, and then when you get here you will have to check in with probation in Florida and they should give you a travel pass back to Texas while the interstate compact process is going on. For the best shot, hire a local attorney here to work out it all out before you touch down in Florida.