Can I make it legal to force a father to communicate with a mother?


The father of my child does not communicate well. He refuses to tell me anything that is happening with my child whenever he is doing things. Even though I repeatedly tell him to keep me in the loop. He never does and when something drastic happens like my son is left at school and was never picked up, when I question the father he become belligerent, loud, yells and screams and never listens to understand a situation. Issues are always left unresolved and I have to suffer consequences like pay a fine for my child being left at school or miss the remaining shift at work.


I am sorry to hear this! Do you have any court orders in place? If so you will want to consult with an attorney to go over the Final Judgment and any parenting plans/agreements made with the Father. If he is in violation of the agreement namely a shared parental responsibility if it is in the agreement (which is common) then you will want to file a motion for enforcement of those provisions so you don’t have to deal with these issues. If you do not have any court orders in place, then you must consult with and hire a local attorney to file the appropriate petition and go through the court process. Best of luck to you and your family and all the best in 2018.